Botox (Botulinum Toxin-A)
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only approved treatments to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet lines in adults.
A well-studied treatments, BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and is approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries.* BOTOX® Cosmetic has a record of experience that aesthetic specialists know and trust. And, the safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic have been evaluated in both Allergan sponsored clinical trials as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.*VISTABEL® outside of North America.
Derived from sources that exist in nature, BOTOX® Cosmetic contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum. Formulations, potency, and approved doses vary among botulinum toxin products, which means that one product cannot take the place of another. Those are a few reasons why there is no such thing as a “generic” form of BOTOX® Cosmetic. There have been no studies to support that other products are Unit-to-Unit equivalent to BOTOX® Cosmetic. How does BOTOX COSMETIC WORK?
A treatment experienced by millions of people millions of people have already made BOTOX® Cosmetic a part of what they do for themselves. Today, BOTOX® Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world.
How does it work?
BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Your specialist will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes that can occur over time, reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals in the sun and the environment. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet.
For the crow’s feet area, your specialist will inject 3 areas of the orbicularis oculi, the muscle that frames the side of the eye. This will be repeated on the orbicularis oculi muscle on the other eye.
Injecting BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause crow’s feet lines temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
For the frown lines area, your specialist will administer 5 injections into muscles in your forehead—1 in the procerus muscle and 4 in the corrugator muscles.
Injecting BOTOX® Cosmetic into the muscles that cause frown lines temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
What should I expect with Treatments?
- Real, noticeable results - You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch Your specialist may use ice to numb the treatments area. If you are concerned about discomfort, your specialist may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatments.
- The actual injection process takes about 10 minutes -Your specialist will discuss your treatments goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatments areas for you.
- You’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable frown lines and crow’s feet BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatments. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy
- Return to your daily routine -Treatments requires minimal downtime or recovery; it’s often called a lunchtime procedure. You’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave your specialist’s office.
- Cost considerations - Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist or healthcare professional who is administering your treatments. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment—look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Be wary of discount products or “cheap” BOTOX®Cosmetic—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
It is more important to find an experienced specialist who will take the time to understand your treatments goals and develop a treatments plan that is right for you.
Dermal Filler: Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid filler acts like an inflated cushion to support facial structures and tissues that may have lost volume or elasticity due to normal aging. It also brings water to the surface of skin to keep it looking fresh and supple.
What are hyaluronic acid injections?
If you want to reduce facial wrinkles and lines, hyaluronic acid may be a good choice as a dermal filler because of its compatibility with the human body. In fact, this substance is found in almost every single living thing. In humans, it acts as a network that transfers essential nutrients from the bloodstream to skin cells.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in your body. High concentrations are found in soft connective tissues and in the fluid surrounding your eyes. It's also in some cartilage and joint fluids, as well as skin tissue. It is extracted and reformulated and now has become one of the most popular kinds of injectable fillers.
When this gel is injected, it acts like an inflated cushion to support facial structures and tissues that may have lost volume or elasticity due to normal aging. It also brings water to the surface of skin to keep it looking fresh and supple.
In the last few decades, various synthetic forms of hyaluronic acid have been developed and used to correct disorders in the fields of rheumatology, ophthalmology, and wound repair. More recently, synthetic forms of hyaluronic acid are being manufactured for use in face augmentation.
Restylane is a range of facial treatments and products produced by the Swiss biotechnology company Galderma. It specializes in soothing wrinkles, refining contours, regaining facial volume, and rejuvenating your skin by stabilized hyaluronic acid.
Under continuous research and development programs of Galderma, Restylane is the pioneer of stabilized hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler and one of the world’s most tested and sought-after hyaluronic acid products today. Its safety and efficacy are clinically proven with extensive data.